If you are new to breastfeeding or looking for a recommendation for a new pump keep reading.
1. Lansinoh electric pump
From the makers of the most used nipple cream comes the single or double electric pump. It comes with two flange sizes, two storage bottles. A cost-effective double electric pump
- 3 pumping modes of expression
- Adjustable suction speed and intensity
- Specially designed tubes and motor prevent milk backup
- LCD screen with timer
- Pump into bottles—no transferring necessary
- Battery or mains power operated
- Available as single or double (double pump can be converted to single by adjusting the tubes.
The light and portable Lansinoh Single Electric Breast Pump has been designed for your comfort, and with six suction levels it will allow you to express easily.
For quick and easy expression, this breast pump is designed to mimic baby’s natural feeding pattern for an efficient pumping experience. The new ComfortFit soft silicone breast cushion makes for a secure seal and comfortable fit, and results in more efficient pumping. There are six adjustable suction levels with easy-to-use control buttons and an LED indicator, as well as two phase technology including a let down phase.
The let down phase includes rapid suction to stimulate and initiate milk flow, while the expression phase has slower, deeper suction to maximise milk flow. A NaturalWave Teat with cap is included allowing you to express, store and feed with ease.
This breast pump is mains or battery operated (requires 6 x AA batteries not included).
Please note: Tubing and tubing connectors do not need to be washed or sterilised due to the diaphragm that prevents them from coming into contact with breast milk. The breast cushion and containers may be cleaned in the upper compartment of your dishwasher or hand washed with dish soap in hot water. For best results, use a baby bottle brush to clean the container and a teat brush to clean the insides of the breast cushions. Rinse with hot water.
£86.25 for single John Lewis
£100 for double John Lewis
2. Haakaa 150ml Silicone Breast Pump with Suction Base
This is a manual pump which you can use on one breast whilst feeding off the other. This works by using your natural let down. Perfect for releasing some pressure from engulfed breasts as well. I actually used this when in the bath or shower because it had a vacuum seal on the breast when attached properly. Therefore perfect for a busy mum looking to multi task.
The only downside is you have to purchase a lid and storage bag separately. It’s also not bet stable if you store it in the fridge but it does have a suction bottom which means when you pop it straight down on a table it’s not going to fall over.
Breast pumps don’t have to be loud, complicated, and costly – this eco-friendly breast pump will change the way you breastfeed.
Haakaa’s breast pumps are made using 100% medical grade silicone, free from toxic materials, so they’re kind to mum and baby, as well as the environment.
With an increased volume to 150ml and a suction base for support, the new and improved Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump is the easiest and most simple way to express.
• Perfect for travelling.
• Soft and comfortable – made from 100% medical-grade silicone.
• Compact – will fit into any handbag or baby bag.
• Dishwasher safe – can also be sterilised and left to sit in boiling water.
• Easy to use, easy to clean.
• Free from BPA, PVC and Phthalates.
• Compatible with all Haakaa wide neck bottles.
• No batteries or assembly required.
1. Sterilise your pump thoroughly – Haakaa (caps are available online to purchase – caps keep the pump sterile after cleaning)
2. Place the top of the breast pump over your nipple – make sure your nipple is in the neck of the pump and comfortable.
3. Apply suction – you may need to adjust a couple of times. Once the pump is secure and comfortable you can squeeze the base of the pump (not interfering with the top/suction) to create some movement.
4. Gently massage the top of your breast to encourage flow – you can also try placing a warm flannel on top of your breast.
5. Once milk begins to flow, simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
6. Once the pump becomes full, empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
7. When you wish to stop pumping, you can simply suction the breast pump to a nearby flat surface using the suction base, while you continue feeding or re-dress – the pump is 100% secure.
Hazards and Cautions:
Clean your breast pump thoroughly after each use. Our breast pumps can be sterilised with any steam sterilising system or boiling water. Do NOT use any bleach-based agents.
£18.99 – boots
3. Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump
Voted number one on baby centre
A double electric breast pump with an integrated carrying case
• Two-phase expression for more efficient and thorough pumping
• All parts that touch breast milk are BPA free
• Comes with a removable cooler bag and freezer pack
• Adjustable speed and vacuum knob
• Uses battery power or an AC adaptor
Medela Freestyle Electrical Breast Pump
The Medela Freestyle Electrical Breast Pump includes thoughtful features that provide true mobility, freedom and flexibility for mum’s everyday life. It’s ideal for daily and frequent use with a single or double pumping option. Easy interaction with digital display, memory, timer and backlight gives mum more flexibility.
It features a double pumping and 2-phase expression technology, that mimics a baby’s natural nursing pattern, reduces pumping time and gives more freedom to mum. It combines both rapid stimulation and slower expression so pumping is gentle, comfortable, and efficient.
Lightweight and independent from sockets, the Medela Freestyle Electrical Breast Pump allows mum to pump anywhere. Mum can personalise the breast pump and record preferred pumping patterns and select it anytime. Low noise so night time pumping is quiet and quick. BPA Free.
• Double pumping can help to increase and sustain milk supply
• SoftFit™ breastshields for massaging comfort.
• Simultaneous expression
• Small, lightweight and quiet, to make daily expression as comfortable as possible
• Individually adjustable vacuum settings, as well as memory function offers comfort
• Rechargeable battery provides 3 hours pumping time
• One touch let down button
• Timer function available
• Bright LCD easy to read display – can be read even at night without having to turn the lights on
• Stylish shoulder bag including cooler for on-the-go convenience
£329.99 – boots or John Lewis
4. Medela Symphony Breastpump
This hospital grade pump is one of the most expensive on the market however it is good at effectively emptying your breasts.
• 2-phase expression pumping
• Faster let-down and milk flow reduces pumping time
• Mimics a baby’s natural nursing pattern
• Accommodates multiple users
• Designed for moms who need to pump several times a day
• Allows for pumping from 1 or both breasts at a time
• Powered from wall outlet, rechargeable batteries, or car lighter
• Adjustable speed and vacuum combinations
• All parts that contact breast milk are BPA-free
• Hands free pumping option sold separately
The research-based Symphony breast pump has been developed specifically to support mums throughout their breastfeeding journey: to initiate, build and maintain an adequate milk supply. Symphony is ideal for long-term and frequent pumping. You can continue using the hospital-grade pump you used in the maternity unit and decide later which personal pump to buy With the Medela pump sets, you can express your breast milk from the comfort of your own home using your Medela Symphony rental breast pump. The pump sets provide you with everything you need as a breastfeeding mum.
£2648 – amazon
Can be rented on manufacturers website
5. Evenflo Advanced Double Electric Breast Pump
Economical and compact double breast pump used for expressing breast milk.
• Small and portable design makes it ideal for home, on-the-go, or when going back to work
• 32 settings
• Three assorted flange sizes
• Hygienic, closed-pumping system
Evenflo’s Deluxe Advanced Double Electric Breast Pump is the perfect solution for all moms planning to pump frequently. Whether at home or at work, the Advanced Double Electric Breast Pump delivers all the premium features and benefits mom needs and deserves. This innovative pump’s PerfectlyPure™ design is a closed system that prevents milk back-up in tubing, which helps to keep tubing clean and dry, protecting mom’s breast milk from contamination and making pump cleaning more efficient. Each pumping session can be personalized with the AdvancedControl™ technology, which creates 32 unique setting combinations of speed and suction for optimal control.
To help ensure a successful pumping session, it’s important to have a comfortable, correctly sized flange fit. The Advanced Double Electric Pump includes 3 different flange sizes from our AdvancedFit™ flange system to help ensure the best fit, with additional sizes sold separately. Evenflo’s PerfectPosition™ design includes a shorter nipple tunnel and higher bottle-to-flange angle that allows mom to relax in a slouch-free pumping position. The integrated bottle holders keep mom’s milk safe after pumping, providing an extra “hand” to protect her precious milk from spills. The Deluxe Model also comes with a timeless black shoulder bag, insulated cooler bag with ice packs, and additional Milk Collection Bottles.
Access to expert resources can help ensure a successful breastfeeding experience. Evenflo is excited to include the ultimate breastfeeding education with the purchase of your pump. Developed by our partner, Breastfeeding Expert Shari Criso (IBCLC, CNM, RN), mom receives digital access to two practical and proven programs she can access anywhere! Both Simply Breastfeeding™ and Breast Pumps & Briefcases™ have helped thousands of moms successfully breastfeed and continue breastfeeding while returning to work and are included with purchase.
Unavailable. Last known £100 baby r us
Remember nothing is more effective at taking your milk than a babies suckling.